A day in the darkroom

Spent the day printing photos with negatives which were far from ideal. The day they were taken was a dreary, dull and lifeless day and as it was so overcast I used Ilford HP5+ in the Nikon f6.

I had developed the film in Fotospeed FD10 but the resulting negs had little life. Deciding I needed to boost the contrast I used Rollei RHC high contrast developer to develop the prints at grade 4. the developer gains about a stop I found and at grade 4 it certainly put life back into the prints.

Later I toned with selenium and lastly moved from RC to FB warm tone to put some warmth back. All in all a good day.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s